Bidding for public sector contracts
At times working with the public sector can feel like dancing the tango. Cycles of three-year contracts, the rigmarole of preparing bids, and the constant need to keep on the right side of your commissioners is exhausting – and all this on top of the day job.
Everyone involved in selling services to the public sector knows how important business development– and bid writing in particular – is to success.
2016 and 2017 sees many public service spin-outs face the prospect of re-tendering for their core contracts. To mark this milestone, we are publishing a collection of eight articles on topics ranging from where to start with business development to putting the ‘wow’ factor into your bids.
They are not intended as a comprehensive guide but rather an assortment of tips, written in an accessible way. All the articles are available here on our website – so you can share them with colleagues or friends if you wish.
- Getting your foot in the door – where to start with business development
- Got a plan? Your strategy for bidding for contracts
- Walking a mile in your commissioner’s shoes – Understanding the other side of the equation
- Getting the basic right: seven tips on the nuts and bolts of bid writing
- Rising above the competition – putting the ‘wow’ factor into your bid
- Better off together? Partnership bidding for public services
- Showing off your wider impact: Answering the social value question
- Building from rejection: Learning from your bidding mistakes
You can download all these articles in a report format here.
If you are interested in us supporting you with your business development, you can contact us at email@example.com