NHS and healthcare
Our support for the NHS on new care models
The NHS is facing challenges from rising demand, increasingly complex care needs, and upwards cost pressures.
Everyone acknowledges that the system needs to change. The Five Year Forward View describes a vision of joined-up services where more care is delivered in the community, the NHS works hand-in-hand with social care, and there is a greater emphasis on prevention.
A key enabler of integrated care is having the right organisational form.
New organisational forms can support the move to integrated care by supporting a change in the way services are delivered. They can bind together different parts of the NHS and social care jigsaw, giving everyone a stake in success and encouraging whole-system thinking. They can balance freedom to innovate with strong accountability, whilst protecting outcomes and ‘plumbing in’ appropriate governance controls.
How can Mutual Ventures help?
We work across the NHS and local authorities to help support transformation of a wide range of services.
Key questions we can support you to answer are:
- What is the ‘best fit’ organisational form for delivering new care models in your area?
- How can service providers come together to deliver across pathways and provide greater economies of scale, while at the same time retaining a clear focus on outcomes?
- What is the roadmap for moving from now to your vision for the future, and what can you do to be more ‘integration-ready’?
- Strategic options analysis – helping you to translate the ambitions for your care model into robust options for organisational design, including around governance and ownership.
- Stakeholder engagement – working with your partners, staff and patients (as appropriate) to create a shared vision, and address the barriers to working together.
- Testing your business case – an in-depth assessment of the aims, benefits, risks and sustainability of your preferred option, including financial modelling and investment planning.
- Business planning – thinking through the right approach to ensure the model can deliver on its promise, and has the right systems to support it.
- Implementing your plan – expert project management support to make your plan a reality, including ensuring technical, legal, procurement and tax matters are resolved.
- Post-implementation support – advice to support the new model to be a success, including contract and tendering support, commercial awareness training, and staff engagement strategy.
For more information, or to speak to us about how we can help, call 020 3714 3900 or email us.
Read our views on integrated care in series of articles published in the HSJ