Our performance improvement work is focused on long-term transformation and sustainable improvement rather than a ‘quick fix’.
We bring an independent perspective and provide challenge and expertise, facilitating discussions and building momentum to drive change.
Our work is tailored to the requirements of each organisation we work with and covers three key stages – diagnostic, delivery and review. We know that our clients’ support needs are different, we therefore work flexibly, creating bespoke packages of support.
Our performance improvement services include:
- Performance management frameworks – we can support you to develop performance frameworks, dashboards, and core datasets that will provide you with a comprehensive suite of performance information and data analysis. This will give you consistent and accurate business intelligence across your organisation.
- Quality assurance – we can work with you to design quality assurance solutions and self-evaluation frameworks, including case work audit and review tools. This will enable you to monitor and systematically evaluate the impact and quality of service delivery.
- Case management/case recording systems – we can support you in the review and ongoing development of your electronic case management systems/case recording systems to ensure that they remain up to date and effective in meeting local business needs, and changes in operational practice
- Business process reviews and service redesign – we can undertake business process reviews and lead service redesign activities across frontline services and ‘back office’ functions. This will help you to develop your service model, become more efficient, and will enable your organisation to respond to any changes in policy and demand.
- Service evaluation and review – we can undertake independent service evaluations/reviews to identify organisational strengths and areas for improvement. We can support your organisation to develop improvement/service plans to drive improvement in line with your strategic objectives, or in response to recommendations set out in inspection or external review.
- Coaching and mentoring – we can provide coaching and mentoring to your staff, managers and senior leaders, including preparing your organisation for inspection or external review.
Some examples of our work:
Wakefield Children’s Services – Mutual Ventures was commissioned by Wakefield Council to provide performance improvement support to the Children’s Services senior leadership team and Business Intelligence service. The initial phase of work over a three month period included: designing a performance management framework for Children’s Social Care; establishing a data quality framework; providing direct support and coaching to staff; and advising on a fit for purpose team structure. Read the full case study
If you would like more information or to discuss how we can help, please get in touch with Kelly Swaffield: